The world of CRM is constantly changing to match the current trends and to suit the evolving needs of businesses and the users of the CRM software they decide to use.
As an ACT! Certified Consultant and business solution provider I am constantly encountering situations where businesses are asking for ways to enable their business to run more efficiently and effectively.
Some of the areas which I have found to be of increasing importance lately include:
1. Ensuring your database is backed up properly – including offsite backup in case of a major disaster at your office.
2. Reliable and user friendly access on the go, via mobiles and tablets.
3. Training in general to ensure staff are getting the most from what their CRM has to offer.
4. Effective and inexpensive online marketing via integrated systems to empower you to track and manage your lead/sales generation or simply to communicate effectively to your contact base.
5. Most importantly, staying up to date with the latest version to ensure it is compatible with new PCs and related software e.g. Windows 64bit and MS Office 2010.