The Rotary Club of Brisbane was not sponsored by another Club but was formed under the old system of a Rotary Commissioner travelling to a town and getting together community leaders. In the case of Brisbane, the Commissioner was Henry Braddon (later Sir) from the Rotary Club of Sydney.
The Club was chartered on 29 May 1923 with a membership of 16. The Charter President was Peter B Macgregor - a leading Barrister.
The Club has been responsible for the sponsoring of the following Clubs: Mackay and Townsville in 1926-27 (with the involvement of Immediate Past President Tom McWilliam in conjunction with Rotary Commissioner Sir Henry Braddon of Sydney Rotary Club), Ipswich, Bundaberg (1929-30), Toowoomba, Maryborough, Lismore (1931-32), Fortitude Valley, South Brisbane, Brisbane North, Brisbane West, Brisbane Mid-City.