The JP Davies Pharmacy legacy began over four generations ago when patriarch John Davies completed his pharmacy qualifications at the leading Guy’s hospital in London. He bought the pharmacy in West End when he migrated to Australia in 1885. John also served as Mayor of South Brisbane, elected in 1905.
The pharmacy remained in the same family until 2008 when current owner George Fotinos purchased it. When interviewed about the change of ownership, George stated that “the Davies family were very careful in choosing a pharmacist that would maintain the high ethical standards warranted in pharmacy and particularly for West End. They were very keen to see the people of West End continue to have their health needs serviced locally.”